Saturday, May 15, 2010

Montelimar and Mother's Day

Last weekend, Abbey and I went on the women's retreat for our church. It was held at Montelimar, the premier all-inclusive resort in Nicaragua. It was gorgeous. It boasts the largest pool in Central America, and it was huge. By far the largest swimming pool I'd ever seen. We had a nice view of it from our room. We had a great speaker come down from the states along with her worship team. They were from a group called Pure Joy Ministries that runs retreats for missionary women in various countries. It was a really great time of relaxing and getting to know some of the other women in our church better. There was a lot of teaching about our God being a God of order and provision. I felt encouraged and refreshed after the weekend.

This was the view from our room:



We walked the beach at sunset one night... it was gorgeous. I took a TON of pictures that night!



Abbey is relaxing by the pool:



We returned home on mother's day to Drew handing me a sign that said, "Happy Mother's Day. I love you mom! From your beautiful son." It was great and made me smile. All four of us went out to the field later and took pictures of the flowers to send to our moms back in Washington. My mom loves plumeria, and it just happens to be the national flower here in Nicaragua. Halle has several trees blooming in the back field.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog :) glad that you are all enjoying your time there!

    ReplyDelete