Sunday, April 11, 2010

This week has been a lot of fun... minus the fact that we had a sick baby for part of the time. She had a bit of a cold, and has since fully recovered, but there were several days of less sleep than normal due to that. Nick and I got to help lead worship on Easter Sunday... which was awesome. We'd both been itching to play with other people again, so it was great to get a chance to do that. Nick played guitar and sang, and I played drums and sang as well. We'll be more involved in worship later on this month, and during the remainder of our time here. Our church doesn't have a worship leader, but several volunteer teams that rotate through the weeks. I'll be playing this next week as well, with a team, and Nick and I will get to lead on the 25th.

We went to Jessenia's house for dinner again. I love going to her house. She's so welcoming and I always feel like family when we're there. I had to ask Kathy how to word it, but the next time I see her, I'll be able to say, "Quien estoy a su casa, me seinto como familia" :o) yay! She made sopa de queso. First she fried cheese/corn flour tortes in oil (which were pretty tasty on their own) and then made the soup. It's made with a dense, salty cheese, chicken stock, and whatever vegetables are on hand. In this case, we had tomatoes, green chillies, and onion. Once the soup is ready, the deep fried tortes are added to it. It was very good, but I was parched later, due to the super high sodium level in the soup! The cheese and chicken stock combined made for an extremely salty dish. But it was delicious.

I've been trying to get a video of Drew with the garden, giving a tour of the sprouts, etc. But it has been so windy lately, that I can't get a decent video. I'll have to try and find a time of day when the wind has died down, because he gives one heck of a tour and it'd be fun to post here and share with you all. His birthday is coming up in about a week and a half and he can hardly stand the wait. He's been making to-do lists for me. "Mom... you've only got 11 days to make a cake, go to the toy store, get a pinata...." guess I'd better get to work on that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment